Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 9 rolls
2 chicken breasts
1 red pepper
A large handful of fresh coriander
1/4 iceberg lettuce
9 rice paper rolls
- Start by cutting the raw chicken breast into strips, then cook in a frying pan for about 10 minutes (checking its cooked through).
- Then prep the pepper by slicing it into thin strips.
- Cut the lettuce into thin strips too, and finely chop the coriander.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then shred the chicken into smaller pieces.
- Place some cold water, and a little boiling water into a wide bowl or plate with rims, to use for wetting the rice paper.
- Place each rice paper sheet into the water for about 10 seconds, then remove.
- Place some chicken, pepper, coriander and lettuce into the middle of one end of the paper (it should soften through the assembly process). Once your filling is in, fold in both sides, then roll into a sausage shape (as shown in the photo).
- Do the same until all filling and rolls are used up.
- Serve with some sweet chilli mixed with fish sauce for the ultimate Vietnamese flavours.
*For a vegan or vegetarian option, remove the chicken and add more vegetables, or replace with tofu.