Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 Minutes
Serving Size: 12 cookies
120g buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp ginger
100ml maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
30g 85% dark chocolate (for melting)
1. Blend the nuts in a food processor until they form a flour texture.
2. Add in the flour and all other ingredients and blend until a dough forms.
3. Once the dough will hold but doesn’t stick to your fingers, mix it into a ball and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C roll your cookies between 2 pieces of baking paper. Once it’s about 2cm flat, cut out your cookies (should get about 12 circle cookies).
5. Bake for about 15 minutes but check after about 12.
6. Melt some 85% dark chocolate and drizzle over the top.