Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serving Size: 4 Servings
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small cauliflower head
2 tbsp pumpkin puree or mashed pumpkin
4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
¼ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
Pinch of salt and pepper
400ml coconut milk
400g tinned plum tomatoes
Large handful of fresh spinach or 3 balls of frozen spinach
Fresh coriander to garnish
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic, then heat in the saucepan for about 5-7 minutes with the olive oil until soft.
- Then add in all the spices and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets and dice the chicken thighs into small chunks.
- Add in the chopped cauliflower florets and chicken to the saucepan and coat with all the spices.
- Allow the chicken and cauliflower to cook for about 3 minutes, then add in the chopped tomatoes (breaking up the plum tomatoes between your hand), coconut milk and pumpkin puree.
- Mix to combine all ingredients, and then let cook over a low/medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Serve with rice or quinoa, and garnish with fresh coriander.
*For vegan/vegetarian option, swap the chicken for a tin of chickpeas.